Thursday, May 2, 2013

Perspective

For someone who used to be petrified of change, I could not be more calm about my upcoming uprooting. Seattle has been in the back of my mind for months, but now it is roaring towards me like a freight train. This freight train isn't going to hit me, though; it's going to scoop me up and show me something new.

The most important life lesson I have learned thus far is to avoid getting stuck in my own perspective. I get lazy sometimes, but what I really want is to keep soaking up information and stories that make me see the myself and my surroundings in a different light. Challenging yourself is made possible by constantly developing your perspective. This happened by default when I was in school, but now it is necessary to take the initiative.

So, here I go.
Across the country.
Way across the country.



Roots. Who needs them?

Well... me. But not right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment